Followers

Monday, April 18, 2011

I agree that it was phrased awkwardly

And so I apologize; take heart in the fact that it does not really matter whether your answers were correct or incorrect. The fact that you answered at all was good enough.

The correct answer, however, was "Alex": the brother of Jeff, who shares his name with the Keeper that now resides as ashes in a locket.

As I have said, this isn't quite a game, though if it helps to regard it as one I shan't judge thee. Nevertheless - perhaps I shall recount what happened to me today.

I did not get much sleep last night; I was analyzing the so far sixty-five personal inquiries I have made - I do so hate to call them riddles, though if it helps to regard them as such I shan't judge thee. I finished up around four hours ago. Perhaps those are more like riddles. It is in the personal inquiries I reveal aspects of myself: after every set, the inquiree receives a single answer as opposed to the multitude of questions.

Approximately one and one half hours ago, another of my children disappeared; it was mostly my fault for not paying attention, though I regret it deeply.

That said, it is time for the second.

This one, for symbiosis: How many past midnight is the alternate love of an Irishman?

You get three chances.

15 comments:

  1. Hmmm the only Irishman I know of is Reach, and since Ariana was his first love, that would make Avalesca his alternate love, but how would that convert to numbers or time?

    Not an answer, just musing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an odd duck, Guess. Coming from me, that means something. That said, I'm horrible with riddles, so I think I'll pass on this one. Then again, I bet Hakurei Ryuu can pick up the slack for me.

    I suppose if you'll allow me, I have a question: What do you hope to achieve by having us answer riddles that you could not achieve simply by writing to us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm...yes. I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

    You see, I'm in a spot of trouble; but that is for another time. Suffice to say, it is, currently, my job to ask of thee and thy friends these questions. The personal inquiries? Yes, those indeed help me...achieve an understanding of the individual. But the general ones - they let me see the connections and strengths and unification, or, as the case may be, the division and weakness, between - well, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irrelevant. The answer does not require a unit of measurement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very relevant. You're asking about a number, which is in itself a measurement.

    I can logic at you all day, y'know. =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I suppose. Unfortunately, the "what" remains unimportant. Find the "How many".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apologies, Kaylin Davies; for clarification's sake, Ariana is not involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, considering Reach and Ava are our only leads at the moment, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess "11".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incorrect. There are two chances left.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaand I didn't even see your comment just before mine, which... doesn't nullify my logic, I suppose, but it does make me wonder.

    Eh, whatever, I've got to head to work. Good luck to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nine months past midnight, since Ava's pregnant, and his child would be his alternative love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thinking. Incorrect. There is one chance left.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Avalesca currently has 122. What's midnight? 12:00. My guess is 2, the number past the twelve on her posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again, very good thinking; but unfortunately no, and so goes the final guess.

    I grow weary, and I must retreat for now to begin my analysis. Do not expect more until tomorrow. I trust you can all stay alive until then?

    ReplyDelete