Followers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Walking in a winter wonderland

Kentucky is not the best of places for a snowball fight.

I do apologize not for posting the past month. I didn't want to jinx my good fortune. But I had intruded on the Valentines' hospitality for far too long, and about a week ago I packed up what little I still had, graciously accepted (I like to think) the gold watch gifted to me by Teppy as an early holiday present, and headed east. Back to where it all began.

Right now I'm on the very eastern edge of the Bluegrass State. Literally. If I scooted my tent ten feet, I'd be in West Virginia. But yesterday, I had an enlightening conversation with stardust. I have to say, talking to stardust is very interesting. I would look forward to more of them in the future if I thought our paths might cross again.

I apologize for my mixed metaphors. I am still a little hungover. And a little drunk. I haven't finished all my whiskey, you see, and I'm trying to ration it out until I reach the coast, where I plan to retrace my steps. As far as is feasible, anyway.

Ah...tonight is the fourth night of Hanukkah, yes? I might still remember the prayer...not that I could manage to put it here without the assistance of the Internet, of course.
ברוך אתה ה' א‑לוהינו מלך העולם, אשר קדשנו במצותיו וצונו להדליק נר של שבת.‏
Blessed are you, Lord, our God, sovereign of the universe...


I haven't seen the dog since I arrived at Rose and Teppy's store, nor any trace of La Dame du Lac. Nor any trace, for that matter, of anyone at all, besides those on the blogs. Maybe the universe and its sovereign have finally decided to leave me alone.

Interesting. Even without the assistance of Anansi, I can hear rats, or perhaps just mice. They're not as quiet as you'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment