Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Together

We've been together at the Institute for a long time, but we haven't been...together. With all of us here, we're sure to find Infinity. If we don't die first.

Atlas is in a horrible condition. I'm afraid he might not make it. He assures me he's fine, but he can't move his neck, and subsequently can't see the state his body is in.

The others are fine but for fatigue and a few scrapes and bruises, but a good deal of them are still in shock. I'm in awe at the power the Businessman has over our minds. Squirm, Star, the Compass, and I are the only ones not too traumatized to talk. If you had known these people before they got like this - well, you'd be as scared as I am right now.

There's also the matter of the dog. Squirm is doing his best to coax it into acting, but it stands still as a statue. There's not a doubt in my mind that this is Solomon. Not that it took much working out to realize. As for La Dame du Lac, well, she hasn't shown up. Not in person, anyway.

There's one thing, at least, that's gone right: the elephant arrived safely. Granted, the package got there with a bit more than I remember putting in it, but that's an issue I simply don't have the wherewithal to think about, much less deal with.

...

There will be no inquiry today. You have, however, earned a question of me. Ask, and I shall answer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of curious as to what, exactly, the monster has over you. But I'd also like to know more about your children. Maybe more about what your Institute studies... or maybe just more about what the heck has been going on with you guys. Any recommendations?

    Get-well wishes to everyone, especially Atlas. I'll be thinking of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't like to ask your question for you, but what the Businessman has over me I've said a few times, and I certainly don't know what's going on. Asking about what the Institute studied might lead more directly to an understanding of my children.

    Speaking of which...I must see what they can find out about this dog.

    ReplyDelete